- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Trump supporters say they're tired of being called racists, but they continue to support a candidate who has been "roundly condemned in recent days as a racist, or a bigot."
- Saoirse Kennedy Hill, a granddaughter of Robert F. Kennedy, has died. She was 22.
- A man wearing a bright orange shirt, believed to be notorious subway surfer and brake-puller Isaiah Thompson, was seen "surfing" on the rears of two subway trains this week.
- The NY Times writes about how the scourge of jaywalking could get in the way of the proliferation of self-driving cars, and this isn't a joke piece.
- The Wall Street Journal reports that even after the big college admissions scam, colleges still won't check most applications.
- Can Millennials save Playboy?
- Breaking news alert: "Pennsylvania cat dives in to summer with love of swimming."
- Listen to a fantastic new single from The New Pornographers, who announced new album In The Morse Code Of Your Brake Lights today.
- A blind man couldn’t order pizza from Domino’s, and now the company wants the Supreme Court to say websites don’t have to be handicap accessible.
- In 1982, a teenager rushed his friend to the hospital after a gun accident. A reporter went back and retraced what happened next.
- Are you aware of the "decoy effect," the cognitive trick that makes you overspend?
- And finally, this personal trainer really gets into your business:
I need this personal trainer in my life ... !! 🐶😮💪🏼
( brady.thegoldenpup IG ) pic.twitter.com/Hlb65AKsGq
— Stefano S. Magi (@myworld2121) August 2, 2019